Simpatico: Weekend in Review

Simpatico

Just the life and times of a silly girl, her dachshunds and all things Southern!

Weekend in Review

It was very busy at the farm, and beyond, this weekend. Actually a bit too busy for my taste considering the temps are cooler, so my natural desire to hibernate is taking over.

My weekend included:
*traveling to Elizabethtown to work at the Performing Arts Centre for my 27th event... I do videography/vj'ing work in my spare time (and some audio and lighting, too). The venue is gorgeous and the staff amazing.  I wish I lived closer so I could work there more often.
*having car issues again necessitating taking my car in to the service center twice this weekend with a left over issue from last month which had already left my VISA gasping for air. Honestl,y my poor VISA has gone into hiding, so I hope my car issues are finished. -sigh-
*Bone-a-palooza 2 happened, leaving my house a mess of bones and gutted toys (beer bottles and cheetos, too) and me not getting to enjoy the partying.  But considering how my dogs cheat at cards, well, probably for the best I didn't get to enjoy.  But the next day they slept off their bone hangovers and growled if I talked too loud.  They must have had a good time, but they are not sharing.  Apparently what happens on the farm, stays on the farm.
*Reed got his mane trimmed into Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong circa 21st Centry Breakdown and it looks ah-maze-in!  Regrettably now I have to share bathroom space with his array of hair product.
*We went for a celebratory viewing of Bourne Legacy. Mmm, well, celebrating with a good movie was the plan. However it was not good. -sigh-
*Sunday was the most relaxing day of them all. A really good friend, her son, and I had a little 'sneak-away Sunday' breakfast at Shakespeare and Company. S&C is a cute little cafe right across from the Lexington Opera House. We ate a full English Breakfast and people watched. 
*Sunday night ended with Subway and Total Recall at the Drive-in. 

Today I'd like to be resting up from our weekend, but, instead I was up with the sun and getting ready for work. The week has started, but I cannot wait for NEXT weekend and what memories we make then.

5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog August 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

That sure was busy and lots of naps are in order fur sure!

My Mind's Eye August 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

Oh my I'm exhausted after reading all about your weekend!! But it sounded very rewarding everyone rest now.
Hugs madi

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor August 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

From the mom-
I'm sitting here at work and before I read this I already wanted to go home. Now that desire is even stronger - after reading your post then thinking about my weekend which was lazy - I am definitely exhausted.

By the way - my modem at home is not working. I am calling tech support when I get home and hopefully they can send out a new one ASAP. But even with that, it will likely be a few days before any posting can get done except for visiting and commenting but even that will be limited. Gotta go - lunch is over.
Kim

Frankie Furter and Ernie August 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM  

THAT was a very much BUSY and FUN weekend.

PeeS.. I sent you and answer about how I use the White Vinegar.

The Daily Pip August 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM  

Gosh, you were busy! Our car is about to go any day ...and we are just dreading it. It's about 87 years old! Hoping it lasts a little longer, but who knows.

That's pretty neat that you do the video and lighting work!

Your pal, Pip

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome!

Grab a seat on the porch, drink some sweet ice tea, and stay a while!

Simpatico Is Defined as:

agreeable, likable, being on the same wavelength, congenial, sympathetic, of like mind or temperament, compatible.

Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Subscribe

Add to Google

ShareThis

Check This Out!

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

dachshunds (476) newby (256) milo (226) dixie (219) farm life (110) family (82) menu (75) winter (44) blogville (36) fall (35) lily (25) crafts (22) funny (22) recyclable crafts (20) music (19) dachshund (18) dessert (18) garden (15) celebrations (13) spring (13) Holiday (11) reed (11) vacation (11) blog (10) summer (10) breakfast (9) weekend (9) gotcha (8) soup (8) valentines (8) budget (7) encouragement (7) muffin (7) playlist (7) slow cooker (7) back to school (6) christmas (6) printables (6) puddles (6) award (5) birthday (5) farm (5) frankie (5) free (5) friends (5) olympics (5) sandwiches (5) self (5) Saint Patrick's Day (4) backyard (4) cats (4) decor (4) easter (3) favorite things (3) food (3) party (3) salad (3) sewing (3) snacks (3) GPOM (2) appetizer (2) dog treat (2) facebook (2) graduation (2) movies (2) offline (2) pedigree (2) picnic (2) shopping (2) snow (2) throwback thursday (2) ASPCA (1) Amazon (1) April (1) Jamaica (1) SOPA (1) WVU (1) art (1) books (1) canning (1) changes (1) cold (1) computer (1) corgi (1) death (1) diy (1) dog food (1) dogsrule (1) doxieswithmoxie (1) elizabeth taylor (1) event (1) farm life. winter (1) farmhouse (1) football (1) front yard (1) game (1) gifts (1) golf (1) health (1) internet (1) jasper (1) jewelry (1) lilypadquiliting (1) mail (1) marinades (1) me (1) news (1) orange (1) pantry (1) peaches (1) pet ownership (1) petfinder (1) pip (1) pop culture (1) pupsetc.com (1) rain days (1) random (1) sadness (1) shelle (1) tax season (1) travel duck (1) vet (1) voting (1) weekly menu (1) won (1) work (1) working from home (1)