Simpatico: Some Time in Quiet Mediation

Simpatico

Just the life and times of a silly girl, her dachshunds and all things Southern!

Some Time in Quiet Mediation

When I started blogging here several years ago, I was blogging for my own peace of mind. You see I wanted to purge part of clutter and chaos that, I felt, made me _____ (insert sad, mad, happy, confused, overjoyed, etc). 
Then my first dachshund, of now a party of three, joined my wee little family. I found my posts were more his stubborn tenacity and less about my various moody moods.  Actually, I found I had less and less of those moody moods with Milo around.
Never did I think I'd ever have followers. Ever. Then Mr. Frankie and Lana came around, introducing me and mine to Blogville, a band of family and friends  who wanted to make a positive change in the world around us... to be there for each other during the ups and downs... to have fun and encourage each other.
Since then I've been overwhelmed watching and participating in everything... our little family of bloggers is amazing.  Each of you bring something special, something that makes is as a whole even more special to each other and the world.
After Remington's passing yesterday I saw person after person post their love and memories of a beloved pet and family member most of us had never met. Their outpouring of love to Mike and Beth was so strong I had to stop several times to catch my breath. There were memory after memory of times spent together and words shared... just like you'd share sitting on a summers day, sharing a glass of ice tea.  Our memories were so very strong, but they were made through words and pictures only.
Words and pictures only...
So if anyone ever questions whether the words they speak or if the memories they make through time spent together is important, let me reassure you they are... You can make a positive, loving difference to those about you and those you love and respect who are far away, just by your words and time.
Never stop being the loving people you are... we are humbled by you.

7 comments:

Lovable Lily March 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM  

Beautifully said my dear!

Hugs,
Kim

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom March 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM  

We're still sitting here sniffling over Remington's words from the Bridge, and your post today says it all. So beautiful. Yes, we do all stick together through the good times....and the bad. Thank you for a great post today.

Matilda the Boxer March 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM  

Blogville is a wonderful place. I think it's amazing that I has so many furiends I've never met in the furs!

stellaroselong March 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM  

thank you for your post today, no one could have said it better!
stella rose's momma

Millie and Walter March 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM  

Very well said. Many of us have friends and family who think our time spent in Blogville is silly, but we all know they are the ones missing out.

Cindy

Unknown March 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM  

Bravo, bravo and a big high 5. Many times yesterday I read tributes to Rem with tears in my eyes and when Beth posted Rems' last post they were gushing out. I too had to catch my breath. Blogville is an amazing community that cares. So we don't care what other people think. Their loss our gain. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Best wishes Molly

Agnes B. Bullock March 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM  

Spot on! Blogville has made life much better for all of us, in our own way!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome!

Grab a seat on the porch, drink some sweet ice tea, and stay a while!

Simpatico Is Defined as:

agreeable, likable, being on the same wavelength, congenial, sympathetic, of like mind or temperament, compatible.

Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Subscribe

Add to Google

ShareThis

Check This Out!

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

dachshunds (476) newby (256) milo (226) dixie (219) farm life (110) family (82) menu (75) winter (44) blogville (36) fall (35) lily (25) crafts (22) funny (22) recyclable crafts (20) music (19) dachshund (18) dessert (18) garden (15) celebrations (13) spring (13) Holiday (11) reed (11) vacation (11) blog (10) summer (10) breakfast (9) weekend (9) gotcha (8) soup (8) valentines (8) budget (7) encouragement (7) muffin (7) playlist (7) slow cooker (7) back to school (6) christmas (6) printables (6) puddles (6) award (5) birthday (5) farm (5) frankie (5) free (5) friends (5) olympics (5) sandwiches (5) self (5) Saint Patrick's Day (4) backyard (4) cats (4) decor (4) easter (3) favorite things (3) food (3) party (3) salad (3) sewing (3) snacks (3) GPOM (2) appetizer (2) dog treat (2) facebook (2) graduation (2) movies (2) offline (2) pedigree (2) picnic (2) shopping (2) snow (2) throwback thursday (2) ASPCA (1) Amazon (1) April (1) Jamaica (1) SOPA (1) WVU (1) art (1) books (1) canning (1) changes (1) cold (1) computer (1) corgi (1) death (1) diy (1) dog food (1) dogsrule (1) doxieswithmoxie (1) elizabeth taylor (1) event (1) farm life. winter (1) farmhouse (1) football (1) front yard (1) game (1) gifts (1) golf (1) health (1) internet (1) jasper (1) jewelry (1) lilypadquiliting (1) mail (1) marinades (1) me (1) news (1) orange (1) pantry (1) peaches (1) pet ownership (1) petfinder (1) pip (1) pop culture (1) pupsetc.com (1) rain days (1) random (1) sadness (1) shelle (1) tax season (1) travel duck (1) vet (1) voting (1) weekly menu (1) won (1) work (1) working from home (1)