This is a post for Frankie and Ernie. I just wanted to show them what has been keeping our mom on her toes... corn!! Lovely, sweet, wonderful C O R N!!! Mom has been shucking like no body has ever shucked before.
We've been eating a lot, but mom has started freezing some now that all of the stalks are really starting to produce.
Also on tap for this weekend:
- Freezing Fresh Herbs (our garden is offering us lots of basil, rosemary and thyme) in olive oil
- Canning some Onion and Pepper Relish (if you have ever had Harry and David's, this is just like it...)
- Make and Can some Vietnamese Chili Garlic Sauce
- Make some Olive Oil Canned Sun-dried Tomatoes with Basil using this Sun-drying in the Oven method
- Make and can some Hot Pepper Jelly (the best stuff on cream cheese... it's so good it melts the worries of the heart!
- Make Pepper Vinegar. If you live in the south this is a staple on your table.